This is an exciting job opportunity to join one of the world's leading manufacturers of analytical laboratory and process measurement instruments. As the Sales Engineer, you will be responsible for promoting the Company’s portfolio of Particle Measurement instrumentation across South East England.
The product range includes Density Meters, CO2 and Oxygen Meters, Viscometers, Polarimeters, Refractometers, Raman Spectrometers and Rotational Viscometers.
The Sales Engineer will support current customers and develop new business throughout the territory. The candidate should be able to conduct equipment demonstrations and to explain the measurement techniques to a broad audience. Travel throughout the territory and occasionally overseas will be required. The successful candidate will join a motivated, international team.
- Management of existing customers and generation of new accounts through prospecting, lead generation and follow up;
- Management of sales projects from lead to negotiation and closing of orders;
- Effective territory management and CRM utilisation;
- Support customers for application and equipment evaluations;
- Participation at conferences and exhibitions;
- Support the development of marketing communications for your customers and territory;
- Visit customer sites on a regular basis to give sales presentations, perform instrument demonstrations and train customers on the correct use of their equipment;
- Work with other product groups within the Company to promote a complete solutions-offering.
The Company is a world-wide leader in the development, production and distribution of highly accurate laboratory instruments and process measuring systems, including custom-built automation and robotic solutions.
- Suitable candidates should hold a degree/ HND (or equivalent) background in chemistry, physics or related discipline;
- Experience of successfully selling analytical instruments into a wide range of industries, including pharmaceutical, beverage, food, petro/chemical, cosmetics and academia would be highly beneficial;
- Ability to effectively communicate with laboratory managers, PhD level scientists and technicians;
- Strong communication and negotiation skills;
- Strong character;
- Self-starter with hunter mentality;
- Availability to travel throughout the defined territory and occasional European visits for training and business meetings;
- Located on territory and within easy access to the main road network;
- Full UK driving licence.
- Circa £35,000 salary, plus £14,600 OTC (uncapped);
- A competitive package of benefits;
- Company car.